Half day Workshop 1
9:30 AM to 12:30 PM
12 April 2019, London
Presenter: Dan Hooper, Managing Director and Co-founder, Piccadilly Group
In the digital age, the focus on culture, leadership, management and decision-making must evolve. This talk will discuss the future of these key areas and outline a proven ground-up approach to enable leadership teams to deliver effective outcomes for the modern agile enterprise.
This half day workshop focuses on giving attendees an end-to-end view of the theory, practical skills and tools to define, build and deliver enhanced leadership, management and decision-making outcomes. It will cover:
- Background and theory on leadership, management and decision-making
- How to understand your environment, identify and diagnosis potential issues and define solutions
- How you build and deliver strategy that generates outcomes and value quickly
- How do develop your and your team’s skills to meet your objectives
- Examples of how people, organisations and teams achieve their goals through effective leadership, management and decision-making
- Practical team exercises and case studies showing how to apply theory
- Common mistakes leaders and organisations make and how to avoid them
- How to sell and measure success at your organisation
Dan has enjoyed a 20 year career in technology and management consulting within the banking and financial sector, consulting for major financial organisations across the UK, Europe, US , Middle East and South Africa. Dan’s role at Piccadilly is one of value creator – his focus lies in the successful development of ideas, people and solutions. Dan’s vision is very much geared towards solving complex big picture problems through, leadership, client relationships the application of next generation ideas and technology. He is often invited to speak at conferences, and regularly contributes to industry articles and national press.
Half day Workshop 2
1:30 PM to 4:30 PM
12 April 2019, London
Presenter: Jonathon Wright, CTO, Digital-Assured.com + Huw Price, CEO, Curiosity Software
Continuous Testing has become an ideal for organisations striving to build and deliver ever-more complex systems, in ever-shorter iterations. This workshop will explore the core principles of Continuous Testing, and what it means in practice to fulfil them. This half day workshop focuses on how to implement Continuous Testing with hands on practical skills and tools to design and build tests for modern day software. This half day workshop will cover:
- Foundations of continuous deployment and delivery (CDD)
- Building models that support both functional (UI/API) and non-functional (performance) tests
- Synthetically create test data on demand to embed into the various test models
- Generate a set of tests from your model, for optimised coverage
- Execute tests as code within the continuous delivery pipeline (GITOps)
Jonathon Wright is a strategic thought leader and distinguished technology evangelist. He specializes in emerging technologies, intelligent automation and cognitive adoption (deep learning), and has more than 20 years’ of international commercial experience within global organizations. He is currently the CTO for Digital-Assured.com based in Oxford in the UK, advocacy board director for various non for profit such as Vivit-Worldwide.org and is a representative of the European Commission on the topic of Artificial Intelligence (AI). Jonathon combines his practical experience and leadership with real-world insights behind the core principles and practices underpinning Enterprise AI, Smart Cities (IoT / C2X & I2X) and Robotic Process Automation (RPA). Jonathon is the author of several award-winning books.
Huw Price was ‘Application Delivery Global QA Strategist’ and VP at CA Technologies, and has 30 years of experience as a software inventor and entrepreneur. Founder of five companies, Huw specializes in DevOps solutions, and was the inventor of Agile Designer, a complete Model-Based solution for designing and rigorously testing quality software systems.