- 19 years of experience as a Software Developer Engineer in Test Automation using the Micro Focus products including UFT/QTP, ALM going all the way back to Mercury WinRunner
- Received his IT training at the Savannah College of Art and Design, a feeder school for Hollywood’s top digital special effects companies
- Was a manual tester who transitioned into automated testing when his manager caught him practicing rope tricks in the test lab early in his career
SECRETS OF TEST AUTOMATION: THE MAGIC OBJECT MODEL IN UFT (AND OTHER TIPS AND TRICKS)
An element in the latest build of our application under test has changed its class in the Object Repository. To fix this we need to create a new element and replace every code reference. Easy enough for just one element. But what if it was 50 elements? And there were four code references per element? And the client expects results in two hours? See how Dynamic Class Switching saved the day in UFT.
- How to build a programmatic description element
- How to override a .click method
- How to wait for a page to build to compete
- How to tell if an element is visible – without the. Visible property
- How to populate a field the fastest way possible.
- Other Tips and Tricks